Military Financial Benefits

Military Service Members

A joint education agreement also exists between the Maryland National Guard and Stevenson University. Active Guard members receive a 15% tuition discount and should submit appropriate paperwork to Student Accounts to qualify for this discount. Service members desiring information about courses and degree requirements should contact the Registrar's Office.

Yellow Ribbon Program

The Yellow Ribbon program is part of the Post 9/11 GI Bill® specifically designed for students wishing to attend private colleges and universities. This program allows institutions of higher learning to fund tuition expenses that exceed the Department of Veteran Affair’s annual cap. For the 2019-2020 academic year, the VA will pay a maximum of $24,476.79 to any private college or university, based on a student’s percentage of eligibility. For eligible students, Stevenson and the VA will divide any remaining tuition and fee charges 50/50 so that they are covered in full. Please note that tuition and fees do not include on-campus housing or meal plan charges; these expenses need to be paid by the student.

Stevenson currently offers unlimited enrollment to eligible students. Only veterans entitled to the maximum benefit rate (based on service requirements) or their designated transferees may receive this funding. Active duty service-members and their spouses are not eligible for this program (child transferees of active duty service-members may be eligible if the service-member is qualified at the 100% rate).

Veterans interested in using educational benefits should submit their application online through the Department of Veterans’ Affairs website at The VA will determine eligibility and send the student a letter that indicates their percentage of benefits (40-100% based on length of service), as well as the amount of time awarded. For information on how to apply to transfer benefits to dependents, visit the GI Bill’s® website at GI Bill Transfer of Benefits The student should forward their Certificate of Eligibility to the school certifying official in the Registrar’s Office as soon as it is received. Any questions regarding the use of educational benefits should be directed to the school certifying official. More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). 

Powered by SmartCatalog IQ