Withdrawal from the University

A degree-seeking student who wishes to withdraw from the University must do so in writing. The official Withdrawal from University form is available through the Student Menu in WebXpress under the Forms - Traditional Students Only link. A student may be administratively withdrawn from the University if his or her absences in a class are excessive.

Military Service Withdraw and Refund Policy

Stevenson University students who are called to active duty during the course of a term or session should contact the VA School Certifying Official to formally withdraw for military service. For the purpose of this policy, military service is defined as “service, whether voluntary or involuntary, in the armed forces, including service by a member of the National Guard or Reserve, on active duty, active duty for training, or full-time National Guard duty under federal authority for a period of more than 30 consecutive days under a call or order to active duty of more than 30 consecutive days” (ED 34 C.F.R. 668.18).

Students who withdraw from the University for military service during the course of a term or session are eligible for a 100% refund of tuition and fees. Room and board expenses will be prorated based on the official date of withdrawal. 

Students must supply a copy of military orders to be eligible for any tuition, fees, or room and board adjustments. Students receiving financial aid will be subject to the refund policies as provided by the federal or state agency sponsoring the aid. Department of Defense Military Tuition Assistance and Veteran’s Education Benefits will be returned to the government agency as required. 

Students who have to withdraw from the University after the add/drop deadline will receive a grade of W or I, depending on the amount of coursework completed and the expected length of the absence.

Powered by SmartCatalog IQ